COVID-19 Can I provide hotel accommodation to support key workers and vulnerable people?

Businesses providing holiday accommodation (including hotels, hostels, B&Bs, campsites, caravan parks, boarding houses and short term lets) should now take steps to close for commercial use as quickly as is safely possible.

Full consideration should be given to the possible exclusions for residents that should be allowed to remain.

Hotels and other accommodation providers should be able to remain open if:

They are part of the response to support key workers or vulnerable groups.

There is a specific need for some or all of the site to remain open (for example they are housing people who have been flooded out of their homes, being used by public services to provide emergency accommodation or are not able to return to their primary residence).

If businesses are providing rooms to support homeless people, through arrangements with local authorities and other public bodies, they should remain open.

If a holiday park or caravan park is your primary residence you can remain on site.

Guidance for families in temporary accommodation or B&Bs

If the temporary accommodation is currently the family’s primary residence, they can remain.

Full guidance and advice for those providing hotel and other accommodation in the UK, can be found on the link below

COVID-19: Can Work carried out in people’s homes continueCovid-19: How do I cover wage costs through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme?